Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Final week in Paediatrics

Last week in paediatrics never stops me from learning. Previously, towards the end of the posting, I will be staying in my room, lazying around and waiting for the day to end. This is a good start at the very beginning of the year, a change which is good for me.

Saw numerous cases of cerebral palsy these few days. Was sad to see them completely bed-bound and unable to express their thought, if any. Really feel lucky for myself for being healthy.

Performed my very first autopsy as well. A truly unforgettable experience, especially so for a decomposed body. I can never forget the hyper strong odour, which still managed to penetrate my triple layers of face masks (a 4th facemask could have suffocated me). Never appreciate the odourless fresh air as much as now.

Final week is gonna end, exam is around the corner. Time is flying.

Hiro Nakamura, I wish I have your power.

1 comment: