Thursday, July 31, 2008

About me - Difficulty in remembering names

I was asked to write something about myself, so, here is a little bit about me..........

***

Today, on the way back from clinic, I bumped into a course mate, a young lady. I greeted her with a smile which, I guess, was hardly to be seen by her bare eyes. As usual, I didn't have the intention to stop and speak to her. Upon walking pass her, she called my name.

Okay, I had to talk to her since she called me. I'm not without manner.

We had a short conversation.

Then, I was thinking, 'What's her name?' Poor thing, she didn't realized that she was talking to someone who didn't even know her name.

Well, I do have difficulty in remembering names. However, I don't view it as a problem. It's an absolute truth that you are able to impress people by addressing them by their names. It's like honey flowing through your ears when someone calls you by name. I agree. It's a skill.

But it's a neglected skill, at least, for me.

I manage to bust my ass into 4th year in medical school by memorizing tons of fact, surely, memory is not the issue. Instead, I neglect the skill. I don't show commitment in remembering the names and it is very much due to my lack of application.

I don't see the need for me to adapt the skill as I'm not a sociable person. I only wish to remember the names of those who are related to me: my friends, group members, house mates......and someone I don't like (for me to curse). Sooner or later, I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna forget most of the names, as most of them are just gonna be passers-by in my life.

***

A little bit about me, that's me.

2 comments:

  1. remembering those whom u curse<-- haha..dats funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaya...
    fortunately u rmb my name bcoz i'm ur housemate.. ^^
    to as a person for u to curse.. kahkah..

    ReplyDelete